This policy statement tells you how we collect information and how we use it. It will assist you in making informed decisions when using our site and our services.
What We Do
Home Improvement Installer.
The Data We Collect
We do request information such as your name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address and company details which you can choose to provide when you either subscribe to our e-mail updates or use our online contact forms.
We need to collect this information in order to provide you with our products and services. It also helps us personalise and deliver relevant, benefit-driven content in any update e-mails.
The legal basis for our collection of this data is ‘Legitimate Interest’ as per Recital 47
of Article 6(f) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as it is reasonable for you to expect that you will be contacted about your enquiry having entered your contact details into an enquiry form.
We do not
collect ‘sensitive data’ about you (as specified in Article 9 of the GDPR as data about ‘racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership’.)
We do not knowingly collect, process or share the Personal Data of children or minors, if you are under 18, please do not provide any personal information to us.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data if you do not want to, however we will be unable to contact you about your enquiry if you do not.
Use of Personal Data
If you submit your telephone number via our website we will contact you via phone to qualify your enquiry and ascertain your requirements.
We may also contact you via email with information about offers or promotions we believe will be of interest to you.
We also use personal information for the purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available our products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
We may send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post, by email or telephone (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
We will retain your Personal Data for up to 10 years from the date of submission or alternatively our last communication with you. The reasons we retain your Personal Data for this period are as follows:
- It may take us some time to contact you after you have made your enquiry.
- Once we have contacted you we may contact you by way of a courtesy call to ensure that your requirements have been met and to maintain the standards of the service we provide.
- We run promotions and launch new products from time to time. We will update you with this information if we believe it is of interest or benefit to you.
You may not know it but under GDPR you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. The rights that apply to the Personal Data we collect are as follows:
- The right of access – this means you have the right to know what Personal Data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide this information to you free of charge within a reasonable amount of time.
- The right of rectification – if the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you have the right to correct it or complete it.
- The right to erasure – sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ this means if you request us to do so, we will delete the Personal Data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing – this means that you can request for us to cease processing your data rather than deleting it.
- The right to data portability – this means if you request Personal Data from us we will provide it in a commonly used, machine readable form.
- The right to object – this means you can object to us processing your Personal Data if you do not believe it is in your interest.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.
Any information gathered will be processed in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. Where necessary, explicit consent will be obtained from a customer to enable us to process the details of their vulnerability accordingly. Customers will also be fully informed of how we will process this information.
We will always:
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you so wish.
- Ask for a customer’s explicit consent in order to record, store or process the details of their vulnerability, where it is necessary and appropriate to do so
- Clearly explain to the customer why we need to record, store or process the details of their vulnerability
- Clearly explain to the customer who the details of their vulnerability will be shared with
- Typically, we would only look to process the details of a customer’s vulnerability where we may need to tailor our approach during our communications with them, or when we are entering their home for the purposes of a sales consultation or installation. We would therefore only share the details of the vulnerability with the relevant staff and representatives
Telephone: 0208 502 7560
Post: Unit 19-20 Taylors, Gravel Lane, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 6DQ
If a member of our team contacts you by telephone, or if you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Use of IP Address
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. On occasions, we collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to analyse aggregate information, and to audit the use of our site.
Third Party Cookies and Remarketing
Google Analytics: Our website uses Google Analytics, one of the most popular and trusted analytics solutions, to help us to understand how people use our website. It does this by tracking such information as how long people spend on our website, the pages they visit, the website that referred them to our website and other aggregate data. We do this so that we can make improvements to our website and provide a better user experience and more engaging content.
You can adjust your settings and also opt out of Google’s use of AdWords cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings
Google AdSense: We may use the Google AdSense service to serve advertising. The Google AdSense service uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. You can adjust your settings and also opt out of Google’s use of AdSense cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings
Facebook Pixel: This involves incorporating a tracking pixel (Facebook Pixel) in the head section of our website, which marks website visitors and recognises them the next time they visit the social network. The pixel uses browser information, visited websites and a hashed Facebook ID of the website user. This makes it possible for us to employ retargeting, i.e. to show you relevant Facebook ads about products or services of interest to you.
If you do not wish the Facebook pixel to use your information in this way, it is possible to opt-out of this and many other third-party cookies by following this link to the ‘Your Ad Choices’ website
Use of clear GIFs
Links to Other Sites / ‘Public’ Areas
You should be aware that when you are on our website, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from our website pages that take you outside our service. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. The privacy policies of these other sites may significantly differ from that of our site(s). We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
Protecting the security of all personally-identifiable information associated with our visitors is of the utmost concern to us. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our users’ personal information and maintain their privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such personal information.
The List Owner (the Data Controller)
The Data Controller is: Homeglaze Home Improvements, Unit 19-20 Taylors, Gravel Lane, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 6DQ